Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for all my anipals and hooman friends pulling for me while I recover from my owies suffered in the fire.  The toys, treats and support has meant so much to me and mom!

Speaking of mom, I tend to forget that even though she wasn't injured in the fire that it was a traumatizing experience for her too.  Yesterday was a tough day.  Most days she has kept it together probably for my benefit but last night she had leaky eyes.  Although I know she likes to go visit the kitties and puppies at the animal shelter I think it's hard for her.  We both really miss older brother Cosmo.  I know she wishes she would have been home the night of the fire and maybe I wouldn't have been injured and Cosmo will still be with us.  Some days that's harder on her than others.  I try to snuggle up with her as much as possible and let her hear me purr to let her know it's going to be okay!  I'm not ready for a new brother or sister and I am pretty sure mom isn't either.  That's okay with me though.  I am enjoying all the attention being the only kitty at home!  I didn't appreciate mom rolling over on me last night though!  She got an emergency phone call at 1:30am and tried to avoid rolling on me to get up to answer the phone but I got in the way.  Normally I would think it's funny that I got in the way but not last night.  I'm not sure who it hurt more... me for my owies or her when she strained her back!  Sorry mom!  I tried not to laugh when she barked at the person on the phone, "why are you waking me up at 1:30am?"  I didn't laugh when she looked out the window wondering where the fire was.  It wasn't a fire but rather a friend had a medical emergency.  Can't help but wonder how long the memory of the fire is going to be so painful.  Don't like seeing mom with leaky eyes.  Mom visited friend in hospital and friend is going to be okay.  Doesn't hurt to say a prayer though.  I heard mom saying a prayer for her friend and me.  Don't know who she is talking to but someone must be listening because I am getting better everyday and am willing to bet her friend will too!

7 comments:

  1. Oh precious dearest CJ.I can easily understand that your mommy has leaky eyes thinking about what was. But she will be able to look toward the good things one day and know all of the love that you and she and Cosmo had and have right up to this minute in time.

    Heal, dear CJ, you and mommy comfort one another and absolutely Mommy said she'll pray. She knows Him well. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you're getting better with each passing day. We all love you CJ and think of you often. Hope your mom is getting better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because your human has no physical injuries, CJ, it does not mean she was not hurt - she has a lot of heartbreak and it will take a long time to heal. I am glad you are helping her with your purrs, and I will join in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxwell: I agrees wif Sparkle. Humans are furry fragile, and we has the responsibility to take care of them and help them when they leak all over our furs. But we *do* help! And we know you'll be purring for her as long as it takes, no matter what.

      Delete
    2. I agree with both of you. Some of us kitties are better at that than others. Sometimes, the humans just need us to be sitting near them, then they can handle their sorrows.

      Delete
  4. there is no time limit on grief and being scared.....but knowing you are safe and healing goes a long way to help her. purr on buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purrs to BOTH of you fer the strains and shoves. May the next nights be calm and restful...

    ReplyDelete